News

Judge postpones Brickz’ sentencing so lawyer can analyse record

2017-09-14 12:27

The sentencing of kwaito star Sipho Charles Ndlovu, better known as Brickz, was postponed in the Roodepoort Magistrates’ Court this morning. 

Ndlovu’s lawyer Piet du Plessis said he was ready with the pre-sentencing report, but the full record would only delivered to him later in the day. He said he needed a week or two to analyse the record, including the doctors’ records, and put together his heads of argument.

Magistrate John Baloyi postponed the matter to September 28.

In his brief appearance, Ndlovu was dressed in a dark brown blazer, white shirt and black jeans. 

In July, Brickz was found guilty of raping a 16-year-old girl at his home in November 2013.

His R50 000 bail was revoked after the conviction.

Read: Brickz has to wait till next month to hear his fate in rape case

At his last court appearance on August 1, he testified that he had already begun a process to better his life in prison.

The Sweety, My Baby singer claimed that the rape charge was a “fake accusation”, and that the victim and the witness were close family members.

“I am willing to serve my sentence and was not raised to run from any ‘accusation’. I know the truth will come out. I’m innocent and my conscience is clear,” he said at the time.

Read more on:

sipho charles ndlovu

September 17 2017