So, you’re planning on winning this trip to Mauritius, but what do you pack and what do you wear? Mauritius Tourism and City Press are giving you the chance to head out into the sun with three of your best friends. This is the final part of our four-week competition. Rhodé Marshall has tips on how to look your stylin' best. Enter the competition next week.
When going on a relaxing resort holiday, you want your clothes to be stylish but low maintenance. And you only have so much room in your suitcase.
When travelling to Mauritius, you won’t need much, a small bag will do. However, you want to make sure you pack the right things and have enough room. You’ll need beach clothing, but keep in mind many hotels have dress codes, so you’ll have to take some semi-formal/formal clothing, too. From Hawaiian shirts, lightweight chinos, plain white tees and, most importantly, flattering swimsuits.
Flowing maxi dresses are the seamless outfit choice for every body type when packing for your resort holiday. They can be dressed up with a nice heel or flat and statement jewellery. Maxi dresses can also be styled down with thongs and a towel as you head out to chill next to the pool. But make sure it’s a bold print, so that you’re sure to turn heads.
Scarves are a great selection when you’re looking for something to wear over your swimwear. They can be tied in various ways to complement your outfit and cover up – if you so wish – to and from the pool. A trick is draping the scarf under your arms and around your body, looping at the front and then tying around the back of your neck. Want to look as great as the exotic scenery behind you? Follow our lead and you’ll outdress everyone on the beach.
Rain Swimsuit: R454
Vans Shades: R249
Nesiwe Vest Maxi Dress: R1199
Casual Chino Pants: R499
Hoff Short: R329
Woven Tiger Short Sleeve Shirt: R899
Nova Multi Chain Necklace: R139
Dramatic Kaftan Maxi Dress: R384
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS
So, if you’d like to skip out of the cold and head into the sun with three of your best friends, thanks to Mauritius Tourism and City Press, here’s how you can #RatherBeInMauritius:
The first article ran in City Press on April 21. You will need to have collected all four of them. Next week, there will be four clues based on the four articles.
PUT EACH OF THEM TOGETHER AND ADD THE FOLLOWING:
- A picture of yourself with three friends creatively putting the clues together
- A video for the second slide telling us what you would do in Mauritius
- All four of you must follow and tag City Press on Instagram
- Use the hashtag #RatherBeInMauritius
THE PRIZE INCLUDES:
- Seven nights at the three-star deluxe Veranda Tamarin hotel on an all-inclusive basis – that’s two rooms for four people sponsored by The Holiday Factory
- Return resort transfers
- Four airport taxes sponsored by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority; and
- Four return, economy-class flights sponsored by Air Mauritius (from Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town)
- We will select a winner in collaboration with Mauritius Tourism on May 26 and announce the winner across City Press platforms on June 2