Perfect comfort food for a quick lunch or guilty snack. Recipe for one oven tray.
- 2 tbs melted butter, or olive oil
- 6 slices seeded bread, or any bread of your choice
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp Robertson’s rustic garlic & herb spice
- 1 tsp Robertson’s roast potato spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup grated cheese of your choice (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/2 tsp dried, crushed oregano
Add butter or olive oil to the tray and add the bread.
Beat eggs with milk, Robertson’s rustic garlic and herb spice, Robertson’s roast potato spice, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture over the bread and turn repeatedly until thoroughly coated in the egg mixture. Scatter half onion (chopped) over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for +-15 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter the tomato over the top, followed by as much cheese as you like, and sprinkle with dried, crushed oregano. Bake for a further 15 mins or until bread is firm to the touch. Slice as desired and serve.
PS: Feel free to add green peppers, mushrooms, olives or your favourite topping when adding the tomatoes and cheese.