City Press personal finance editor Maya Fisher-French with Howard, the winner of the previous Absa/City Press Money Makeover competition. Entries are now open for this year’ competition.
If your month always outlasts your money and debt monsters keep you up at night, you could be an ideal City Press Money Makeover contestant.
Even if you are on top of your budget, perhaps it’s time to build wealth, save for a dream holiday or start a side business.
This year’s Absa/City Press Money Makeover runs from October to March. During this period, candidates receive expert help to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals. Each eligible participant also stands a chance to win incentive prizes along the way.
After the six months, a significant cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully realised their financial goals.
- You must be older than 18.
- You must have, or be prepared to open, a transactional account with Absa wherein you deposit your monthly salary.
- You must earn a monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer).
- Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are also welcome to enter.
- You must not be over-indebted to such an extent that you are blacklisted with legal action taken against you in terms of your debt.
- You must not currently be under debt review.
- You must be prepared to be filmed, have your photograph taken and have your first name appear in City Press and the social-media channels related to Absa and City Press.
- You must commit to a six-month personalised financial fitness programme.
- You must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to you.
To be considered, answer this question: What are your main financial pressures and what is your big dream?
Please send your answer by July 20 with the following information: your full name and surname, age, region, ID number and confirmation that you are an Absa account holder to email@example.com.
Find out how last year’s contestants fared and what they learnt by visit the Money Makeover website at city-press.news24.com/Special-Report/MoneyMakeover